Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Oh look, it's 2012

Thankfully, I have not heard a single end-of-the-world theory in my school. So, nobody died.

Yes. Even I didn't die
I just didn't post in a while

Incidentally, if I do die, I want you to play this song instead of 'If I die young' :



Much more 'me' than 'If I die young'.

Although, I hear that they played this in twilight. O____o

That....That's a disrespect!

 Anyhow, 2012 now. Woo hoo. You wanna know my resolution for this year? :D 

Nothing.

Don't get me wrong, but what would I make a resolution about? I'm already thin. I am participating in a lot of activities. I do have a good social life. Character development is something that happens anyway. I am generally nice to people, when they don't annoy me.

Let's face it. My only resolution would be: Get better grades this year.
And I don't need a resolution to tell me that, when my future pretty much depends on my O-levels.

So,  yeah.

Anyway, the good thing about this term is that we're only studying three subjects now: Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies. (A.K.A, the subjects that NO foreigner has.). So that means that I can now focus on these subjects. 
And guess what? Wednesdays are now my favorite days of the week. Three Islamiyat periods, three P.S and one P.E. So, yeah, if one teacher takes the day off, we pretty much get half the day free. XD

And, for the cherry on top, no Urdu!

M'm...Why aren't there more cherries like that in the world?

Passing over academics...


Karate. Competition on the 12th of January. Breaking, katas and fight. And by how hard our instructor is pushing us, I don't think we'll have bones to fight by then. 

Today's practice match was me against this small kid. I'd guess he was a fifth grader or something. I had the height advantage by about one and a half foot, so what do you think I did? Face kicks, face kicks, and more face kicks.

Damn. That kid was fast o__o Plus, I'm a kicker, not a puncher. And he was a mix of the two. -.- I hate punchers now. They get too close xD I know that is kind of the point, but would it hurt them to stay still so I can kick them?

Well...Yes it would

But other than that, it was awesome watching other fights. Watching them all flail around xD But the main problem is the same, in me, and most of the rest of us: we hesitate

Hesitation in Karate is not good, is it precious?

Our instructor facepalmed so hard at around the 15th time somebody said something along the lines of of 'Dude, that would have so hit if I'd have opened that kick'. As a result, he got the practice guard, and would whack us on the head if we didn't actually kick, the other person's well being be damned.
It was...

...Whacky. :> 

Anyway

Today's only phonecall went something like this:

Aitzaz: Hi, Ali!
Me: Hey. What happened?
Aitzaz: What? Nothing...I just wanted to tal-
*Call disconnected*

Yeah, I kind of hate phone calls. 'Tis the reason I don't get many of them, unless they're about something important. xD My phone mainly acts as my MP3 player. For example, right now, I'm listening to 'Headlines' by Drake. 

'Too strung out on compliments
Overdosed on confidence'

Anyway, I'm leaving to sleep now. I'll leave you with a quote and a picture.

'Unbeing dead isn't the same as being alive' -E.E.Cummings






3 comments:

  1. (Finally it's letting me comment! >.>)


    Jan 12 is my aunt's birthday. o.O
    Lol. No connection. xD
    Anyhow...i remember you tell me about this. (Can you believe it?? I actually REMEMBERED! XD) So...break a leg. :>

    You made you banner yourself? Pretty good. ^^
    Although the words are a bit...everywhere. Meh. =3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL = all that remains to be said of this amusing post xD

    Other than that (yay, more words to be said!) your classes sound like an epic desert :P

    & good luck on your karate stuff ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. MWAHAHAHA... you have a funny way of writing ^^ Sorry, I was just trying to avoid my own homework (and one of your other later posts made me feel soooo guilty, so I ignored it). Anyway, I had to [pointlessly] confess that I can relate to you in two aspects:

    I HATE PUNCHERS TOO. Gahh! Back in the day (how I miss those days), when I did taekwondo, it was exactly the same. Tiny twerps getting way too up close and personal, and I wanted to punch them in return but I couldn't... because they were punching me... -_-' Okay, so maybe this all comes down to me being rather suckish at sparring. Echhem.

    And the other was phone calls! I wish I had the mojo to reply like you do (LAWL x) ) , but regardless of my polite phone conversation habits, I feel exactly the same way, and spend a large portion of the time killing the person on the other end in my mind... a million times over.

    Yep. That is all :)

    ReplyDelete