All Pakistan Under 19s tomorrow. It's going to be a three day stay in Lahore. We're going to leave tomorrow at 5:30 am (early, I know). The competition starts at 8:00 am. There's a prepared round preparation that we'll have to deal with in the two hour drive. The first debate itself starts at around 9:30. They're splitting it close this time, three debates on the first day and one on the second. The topic for the prepared round is 'This House Would give those with terminal illnesses access to medicine and treatments that have yet to pass clinical testing'. A mouthful, yes, but so interesting. The prep-round topic for Sunday is 'This House Believes That software patents limit creativity'.
Lots of tough teams this year. Coach reckons there're only four teams out of 32 that we'll have an 'easy' time beating. The rest'll be hardhardhard. I don't really expect to reach even the octafinals, but this'll still be good for experience, if nothing else. That also means that no internet access until Tuesday, so there'll probably be lack of replies to any messages sent to me.
Annnnd, that's sort of it.
Ohohoh, I beat Mass Effect a second time with a male Shepard. Played Infiltrator with him. Final boss was laughably easy. I played as a good guy with my first Shepard, so I went for bad with this one. Won't pretend I didn't go 'this is wrong :/' at the end, after I chose to let the Destiny Ascension fall. The game makers sucker punched me with that cutscene with the Asari desperately trying to contact the humans, and then the humans shut the Comm links off because they've been ordered to. By me. So, yes, I felt bad there. Damn the voice acting. Did they have to perfectly nail the hollow hopelessness?
Won't lie, though, playing the bad guy allowed me to unlock the 'rich' achievement. There's a lot to be earned when you're not-so-noble. :P
Right now, I'm re-playing the game with a female Shepard, an Adept and Paragon (good guy). It's mad fun to throw the enemies around and lift them ten feet into the air and shoot them. 'Course I'm playing 'hardcore' difficulty, so it's frustrating whenever there's a 'thunk' of a sniper shot and you fall down. Curse the snipers and rocket-launcher robots. On top of this, an Adept has the worst armour and shields in the game. I need to stay behind cover most of the times.
After I've finished with this character, I'll play it one last time on 'Insanity' difficulty. Female, Renegade (bad chika) and Vanguard (A mix of a soldier and Adept). That'll be crazy fun. Throw the enemy down/lift them up and then WHAM with the shotgun. Right in their faces. Plus, Vanguard has pretty decent armour and weapons. I'll still probably feel bad if I choose the bad ending, but whatever. 'tis a game.
And...Oh ,I think I should state that I can still at least play the bad guy in Mass Effect, because no matter how many times your character punches an unhinged scientist, shoots the woman who was responsible for researching mind control on innocents, or lets the alien races die, he's more an Anti-Hero than anything. He/She still works for the betterment of humanity. He's/She's just not afraid to kill/sacrifice whomever necessary, that's all. It's still for a greater cause, even one that I don't fully agree with.
In Fallout 3, though, there is no higher cause. When you play the baddie in Fallout, you're working for self interest. I can never, never play the bad guy in Fallout. Ever. It feels wrong to blow up Megaton, or let Butch's mom die (or even straight up kill her), or swear at Dad. It's worse than anything. I've played Fallout a total of 8-9 times, and I've always always finished it as a good or neutral character. I've tried to play a bad character, but I just straight up delete the save as soon as I can.
That being said, Fallout 3 is still an amazing game. I'm playing on Very Hard difficulty right now. Holy Mother of the chocolate inventor, this is hard. I've run out of bullets a dozen times, and in the middle of fire fights. And now I just run away. I've drunk irradiated water from a toilet, for goodness sake. ._. This game has never pushed me to drinking irradiated water ever before. AND I LOVE IT. Talk about immersion.
If you're playing a character who's surviving in the wasteland, you better feel the desperation, or else you're doing it wrong.
That being said, I didn't drink water from a toilet. My character did. ^^" I'm not a 19 year old, highly intelligent woman with mad skills in medicine, science and energy weapons (LAZER PISTOLS! ZZZZAP!), and eyes with that drowsy Paul McCartney look (I still don't know how I got her eyes to look like that, and I dare not mess with the sliders again in case I change it). By the way, I named her Jennifer Honey, after the teacher in Roald Dahl's Matilda. 'course, they're not in any way the same, but they're both intelligent and witty and do-gooders ^^
Well, look what I did. I started this with every intention of keeping this post short, and now it's longer than I expected to make it. Ha. I blame my love for gaming.
Anyhow, wish me luck.
Lots of tough teams this year. Coach reckons there're only four teams out of 32 that we'll have an 'easy' time beating. The rest'll be hardhardhard. I don't really expect to reach even the octafinals, but this'll still be good for experience, if nothing else. That also means that no internet access until Tuesday, so there'll probably be lack of replies to any messages sent to me.
Annnnd, that's sort of it.
Ohohoh, I beat Mass Effect a second time with a male Shepard. Played Infiltrator with him. Final boss was laughably easy. I played as a good guy with my first Shepard, so I went for bad with this one. Won't pretend I didn't go 'this is wrong :/' at the end, after I chose to let the Destiny Ascension fall. The game makers sucker punched me with that cutscene with the Asari desperately trying to contact the humans, and then the humans shut the Comm links off because they've been ordered to. By me. So, yes, I felt bad there. Damn the voice acting. Did they have to perfectly nail the hollow hopelessness?
Won't lie, though, playing the bad guy allowed me to unlock the 'rich' achievement. There's a lot to be earned when you're not-so-noble. :P
Right now, I'm re-playing the game with a female Shepard, an Adept and Paragon (good guy). It's mad fun to throw the enemies around and lift them ten feet into the air and shoot them. 'Course I'm playing 'hardcore' difficulty, so it's frustrating whenever there's a 'thunk' of a sniper shot and you fall down. Curse the snipers and rocket-launcher robots. On top of this, an Adept has the worst armour and shields in the game. I need to stay behind cover most of the times.
After I've finished with this character, I'll play it one last time on 'Insanity' difficulty. Female, Renegade (bad chika) and Vanguard (A mix of a soldier and Adept). That'll be crazy fun. Throw the enemy down/lift them up and then WHAM with the shotgun. Right in their faces. Plus, Vanguard has pretty decent armour and weapons. I'll still probably feel bad if I choose the bad ending, but whatever. 'tis a game.
And...Oh ,I think I should state that I can still at least play the bad guy in Mass Effect, because no matter how many times your character punches an unhinged scientist, shoots the woman who was responsible for researching mind control on innocents, or lets the alien races die, he's more an Anti-Hero than anything. He/She still works for the betterment of humanity. He's/She's just not afraid to kill/sacrifice whomever necessary, that's all. It's still for a greater cause, even one that I don't fully agree with.
In Fallout 3, though, there is no higher cause. When you play the baddie in Fallout, you're working for self interest. I can never, never play the bad guy in Fallout. Ever. It feels wrong to blow up Megaton, or let Butch's mom die (or even straight up kill her), or swear at Dad. It's worse than anything. I've played Fallout a total of 8-9 times, and I've always always finished it as a good or neutral character. I've tried to play a bad character, but I just straight up delete the save as soon as I can.
That being said, Fallout 3 is still an amazing game. I'm playing on Very Hard difficulty right now. Holy Mother of the chocolate inventor, this is hard. I've run out of bullets a dozen times, and in the middle of fire fights. And now I just run away. I've drunk irradiated water from a toilet, for goodness sake. ._. This game has never pushed me to drinking irradiated water ever before. AND I LOVE IT. Talk about immersion.
If you're playing a character who's surviving in the wasteland, you better feel the desperation, or else you're doing it wrong.
That being said, I didn't drink water from a toilet. My character did. ^^" I'm not a 19 year old, highly intelligent woman with mad skills in medicine, science and energy weapons (LAZER PISTOLS! ZZZZAP!), and eyes with that drowsy Paul McCartney look (I still don't know how I got her eyes to look like that, and I dare not mess with the sliders again in case I change it). By the way, I named her Jennifer Honey, after the teacher in Roald Dahl's Matilda. 'course, they're not in any way the same, but they're both intelligent and witty and do-gooders ^^
Well, look what I did. I started this with every intention of keeping this post short, and now it's longer than I expected to make it. Ha. I blame my love for gaming.
Anyhow, wish me luck.

I suppose it's a little late to wish you luck now - I blame whatever form of hocus pocus your blog was pulling in its disappearing act. But I couldn't resist saying - in response to your fourth last statement:
ReplyDeleteThat's the story of my life.
^^ Not a great story, but still.
(: