Saturday, 29 October 2011


Next post...Saturday

Looks like I'm a little late. :P

Well, the last three weeks have been most tiresome, but the rewards have been well worth the effort. I might be taking a long break from extra curricular activities, though; I do need some time to get back on track with my studies.

Anyway, guess I should explain why  I'm tired.

Maybe you remember that I talked about a presentation in my last posts. Well, it all started when the Society Of Pakistan English Language Teachers (SPELT) gave us learners a chance (for the first time in the organization's 27 years) to come up and explain OUR views on what was happening -and I quote- 'In the English language learning scene in Pakistan'. Since our teacher was an honorary member of this organization, she volunteered to find students who were up the the mark.

Enter: Us.


 Yeah, I'm not in this picture. I was the one taking it. 

So we prepared the presentation, and it took two whole weeks (During which my computer was gone for repairs; why else do you think I wasn't blogging?). I swear. My timetable during those weeks was something like this:

~ Wake up at 6:30 6:00.
~ Talk to Dad on way to school Stare sleepily out of car window.
~ Enter class, spot any one of my friends and start conversation Bang head on desk and try to fall asleep.
~ Attend lectures without dozing off.
~ Enter bus at 2:00 Stay in school, doing nothing at all 'till 4:00.
~ Sneak in an hour of playing X-box or surfing the net Prepare the presentation.
~ Get ready for the Tutor's arrival Get on bus.
~ 5:30, start studying with tutor without even pausing to change out of uniform.
~ 6:30 Finished with tutor.
~ Homework.
~ 8:00 Surf net again. Stop for a few on 'Cracked.com' Study. Revise. Practice presentation.
~ Work out
~ 10 BED.

Lather, rinse, repeat the following day until: 
A: Weekend
B: Killed by exhaustion 

Anyway. So, last Friday the time finally arrived. It was a five hour trip in a huge van-thing (I'm not that into cars, so I can't tell you what it was >__<) and most all of us were pretty boring during travels. Except for the truth and dare part. That was good. But other than that...Eh.

Anyway, while we were going there, I found out that we were going DIRECTLY to the conference, and not stopping at our rest area first. Which was a bummer, because I assumed we were stopping. I happened to be dressed like this:

Blegh. I hate that coat. It makes me look like a Pastor or something o__o

Well. It did get pretty cold during the night, though. So I was grateful for the coat then. And since I'm probably not going to see anyone who might have laughed at me in that coat again in my life, no harm done :P.

 That's me in the garden on Saturday morning. I was STILL wearing those clothes (I'd stayed up the night
and also because it was STILL cold. Seriously. I'm not used to cold weather. Not, warm places on the other hand....


Saturday was the day I got to finally see the organization properly and NOT through groggy, sleep deprived eyes. There were lots of people there. All sorts of teachers. Plus we had a representatives of Oxford University, the British Council, and Cambridge university. Saturday was a little boring, though. All we did was attend presentations. And we didn't even stay up late. All were in bed by 1:00 am. Hey, we had to rise early the next morning.

And then came Sunday morning...:3

I was so made to wear a suit xD 

Our presentation ROCKED. I seriously wanted to put a video up. But Mr Harris doesn't have his iPhone anymore >.> First off, I expected our room to be filled with 10 people at the most. But, nope. We got a full house! :D People even started standing at the back because there weren't any seats left to sit.


Shahmeer did this one photography-angle thing with the flower. When he did it, it was awesome
then Saad asked me if he could take my photo with the same angle. It just doesn't look that awesome.

That's my pass to the 'Presenter's Lounge'. Best thing about it: You could make tea there.
I'd drunk coffee during breakfast, but if I don't drink tea before 12:00 on a non-school day
The day really isn't complete. Oh, and did I mention it was cold ?
(I think I might have....Once or twice)

Beh. You can see the exhaustion...Even though it's a photograph (and not really a good one, at that)

 I'm not even sure if this is a good photo or a bad one :P

Personally, I'd have taken a totally black suit :P But this color would have been my second choice. I look like a businessman or something xD.

Anyway. Now that the SPELT presentation is over. I have a second problem. Assessments.

True, assessments aren't really that important. But my dad wants A*s in ALL subjects. ALL of them. D: This is so unfair; with the fatigue, and not enough time to study and all. But I'm managing to scrape by. Maybe I can't get all A*'s but I can get A's. Well, other than in Urdu. Best not to dwell on hopeless weaknesses. I just hope I can get a B at-least. 
Though, without studying, that's just empty wishing xD

So, I guess I'll get off the computer now.

-Ali



2 comments:

  1. Another excellent writer who has joined the blogging party :D Welcome, dude.

    Btw, great writing, and... congrats on that presentation :)

    You look like an Asian Artemis Fowl & a bit reminiscent to a Nathaniel from the Bartimaeus trilogy. xD The "made to wear suits" part sort of waved to those figures.

    ANYYYYWHOOOO~ *follows* ^____^

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYFREAKIN'APPLE!!
    You actually look uh *coughccough* 'good' in a suit!

    o___O Don't let that get into your head though.

    Anyhow, we've talked about the presentation and I think I've congratulated you already so I'll just say...I'm uh happy for you too? ^^

    ReplyDelete